Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

Today is Christmas 2011. I have been so busy lately that I completely forgot to update the blog when I located the owners of the much-discussed wedding pictures.


I am happy to report that the wedding pictures we found after the tornado have been returned to their rightful owner! I had given up on finding the owners, so I mailed them to Patty (who heads up the "Pictures and Documents found after the April 27 tornadoes" on Facebook). I sent a note with them telling her that I had no luck finding the owners, and whenever she made a trip to Hackleburg or Phil Campbell, or one of the other hard-hit towns, she could take them with her. Immediately, I got an e-mail back from Patty saying that once she looked at the pictures, she recognized the flower girl and she was trying to contact the family. Within hours the family had the pictures back, and it turned out they were from a house only about a mile away from where we live. The lady they belonged to told me that they had major roof damage and their house was a total loss, but they had no idea that anything had actually blown away. In all of the confusion since the storm, they had not missed the pictures. Now she is wondering what else she might be missing! So, that wedding-pictures story finally had a happy ending.


On a related note (since it is Christmas), James Spann, a well-respected meteorologist in Alabama, recently posted a photo I want to share. Last Christmas Alabama experienced a rare "white Christmas" and many snow photos were sent to Mr. Spann. This one showed the snow they were enjoying in Hackleburg, not aware that only four months and two days later the town would be almost wiped off the map by an EF-5 tornado. We never know what the future holds.
Weather (snow…tornadoes) are unpredictable, even to the best forecasters. We should all be thankful for what we have each day, enjoy the weather we experience, and look for God’s power in it all. We can not know what is four months ahead of us.


Merry Christmas, and pray for a more peaceful year in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment